What are the ways to stimulate the pituitary gland? How you have positive impact on your pituitary gland? What are the ways which helps in taking out the maximum benefit from your pituitary gland?
Pituitary gland is a pea sized gland located at the base of brain behind the bridge of nose. It is also called as ‘master gland’ as it helps in regulation of most of the hormones in our body. Pituitary gland is divided into anterior and posterior parts. Anterior pituitary is connected to brain with the help of blood vessels, whereas, posterior pituitary forms the part of brain and releases hormones directly into the blood stream under the command of brain. Pituitary gland produces hormones which helps in maintaining the vital functions of body, such as, metabolism, blood pressure, sexual maturation etc.
Hormones secreted by anterior pituitary are
- Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) : Acts on adrenal glands and helps in secreting steroid hormones example cortisol
- Growth Hormone: Helps in regulating growth and metabolism
- LH and FSH : Luteinising Hormone and Follicle stimulating hormones are also called Gonadotrophins. They act on ovaries and testis to produce sex hormones production and egg and sperm maturity.
- Prolactin : This hormones stimulates milk production.
- TSH : Thyroid stimulating hormone, as the name suggests, acts on thyroid gland for its activity.
Hormones secreted directly into blood stream by posterior pituitary are
- ADH : Anti-diuretic hormone also called as vasopressin, helps in regulation of water balance and blood pressure
- Oxytocin : Oxytocin helps in uterine contractions during labour and milk secretion during breast feedings.
Melatonin Stimulating Hormone is produced between anterior and posterior pituitary, which helps the skin in production of melanin.
Natural ways to stimulate your pituitary gland is –
Exercise : Exercise is the most effective way to stimulate the pituitary gland. Every person needs at least 20 minutes workout daily or 140 minutes workout weekly. Exercise regimen also varies from person to person, hence, consult your physician if you have underlying conditions or diseases.
Sleep : Getting a sound sleep everyday helps in production of hormones efficiently in our body. For instance, melatonin hormone requires proper sleep wake cycle to produce melanin efficiently. high melanin can cause various skin conditions, such as, pigmentation of skin. Growth hormone is also produced in wave 3 and 4 of sleep cycle, without which the body will attain growth retardation.
Boost your protein intake : Proteins intake can help in stimulating the pituitary gland, however, caution should be practised in people who have kidney diseases.
Diet : Vitamins D, E and A and mineral manganese is also essential for pituitary gland and helps in proper regulation of the hormones in the body. Never eat large meals before bed or take coffee or tea before bed, as it can cause pituitary gland to slow down the regulation of vital hormones.
Relaxation : Pituitary gland is under the command of brain, so, if your body and mind is stressed, it will release unwanted hormones into your blood which can cause negative effects on our body. Therefore, relaxing yourself with the help of meditation, yoga, music, etc is very essential for proper functioning and health of pituitary gland.