Access to our Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if, for any reason, our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Using the Website
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them. This website should only be used for lawful purposes; therefore, under no circumstances can you use the website for:
- using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
- any unlawful purpose;
- promoting any illegal activities, inciting violence or to promote sexually explicit material;
- promoting any form of discrimination;
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- the purpose of harming, threatening, defaming or abusing/harassing any other person in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or unacceptable;
- to provide any kind of customer lists or commercial information service;
- as a source of material or contact data for any kind of marketing activity;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
- in a way that affects how it is run;
- in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably large burden on the website’s technical systems
Providing material to The Business Directory
If you provide any material to the website, you agree to grant us permission, free of charge, to use your material in any way we want (including altering and adapting it for operational or editorial reasons) in any media worldwide. In certain circumstances, we may share your material with other trusted organisations but only those who have a direct connection with The Suffolk Business Directory. After posting or emailing your material to the website, you continue to own that material, and you continue to have the right to use your material in any way you choose. Please choose carefully any information you post on the website, as it will be available for public viewing.
By providing any material to the website, and for us to be able to use it, you confirm that:
your material is your own original work, or you are authorised to provide it to the website;
your material is not defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone’s good reputation);
does not take away or affect any other person’s privacy rights, copyright, contract rights or any other rights, and
your material does not otherwise break any laws of India;
you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
You acknowledge that we do not have a duty to publish any material you have provided.
We have the right to;
- reject or refuse to post any material you have provided;
- remove any material from the website, whether or not the material goes against any of these conditions
- restrict, suspend or stop your access to all or any part of the website at any time.
We will usually display your name with your material on the website, unless you ask us not to (as long as it is possible to do this). We may need to contact you for administrative purposes or to make checks on your material. If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above on these terms, please do not provide any material to the website.
Listing on The Business Directory
All free listings will remain free for an indefinite period, unless it is agreed by you to upgrade the listing.
The prices and the terms of payment for a listing upgrade and entry in The Directory are displayed at all times on this website. A listing for one company cannot be substituted for a listing for another. Subscribers can cancel their subscription at any time by contacting us, with termination taking effect from the end of the validity period covered by the last annual payment made. For instances where a subscriber requires a listing to be removed immediately, please contact us. A refund for the remaining subscription period will not be offered.
Age restriction – there is no minimum age for owning a company, but you cannot be one of its directors until you are 16. A company needs to have at least one director and a company secretary, so you would have to arrange for someone old enough to fill those positions until you are old enough, then you would be allowed to list this business on The Suffolk Business Directory.
Your dealings with subscribers or Companies and any entity whatsoever as found through this Directory and this Service are solely between you and such Company, Partnership or entity. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings or as the result of the presence of a listing on this Service.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Business Directory, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Sites you submit, or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any rights of another.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Service is at your sole risk. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranty that;
- the Service will meet your requirements;
- the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, or
- the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations.
No information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from The Directory or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from;
- the use of the inability to use the service;
the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained, messages received, or transactions entered into through or from the Service;
statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; or
What we do with the information we gather or any other matter relating to the Service.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons;
- Internal record keeping.
- To display in our online directory
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may occasionally contact you by email, phone, fax or mail to offer you special offers, upgrade options and enhanced listings.
Controlling your company or personal information
Sharing your contact details
You agree that when registering in Directory you grant permission to us to share your contact details with other businesses in our network who may contact you about services/products but only if this is in connection with an enquiry being made by you.
In the event of the death of user, a person authorised to act on behalf of the estate, or a verified immediate family member of the deceased can request to have the deceased user’s Job Ad removed. We will require documentation to avoid unauthorised and false reports. Be assured that the requested information will remain confidential and will be deleted once we have reviewed it.