Covid 19 ia a new type of corona virus which started in year 2019 in China and spread to the rest of the word. There are simple home remedies which can boost immunity and makes us strong so as to fight covid19 virus. There is no cure available at this moment. However, the management is taken care of by providing symptomatic relief and treating the diseases/infections which are acquired as a result of covid19.
- Ginger – It is one of the best choice of food to reduce inflammation and treat infections due to its antiviral properties. Add ginger in tea or boil it with honey, tulsi and consume it. Max ginger which is safe to consume is 1500 mg per day.
- Tulsi – Tulsi or Basil leaves are anti-inflammatory, antiviral in nature and it helps in boosting immunity against cough, cold, fever and various infections. You can add tulsi leaves in tea or chew it raw. Don’t take more than 3 to 4 leaves in a day.
- Honey – Its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties help to soothe sore throat or treat infections. Some researches suggest that it has antiviral and antifungal properties too. Never take honey in raw form. Honey is consumed with milk, tea etc
- Neem – Neem leaves are antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and it helps to remove toxins from our body. In India, neem leaves were especially given during flu. The leaves are thoroughly cleaned and 20 gms of leaves are boiled in one liter of water. Cool it and keep it in refrigerator. This liquid mixture is safe to consume up-to 10 days. One to two teaspoon is enough in a day.
- Fruits which contains Vitamin c such as oranges, sweet lime, papaya etc helps to boost immunity of the body and hence, it helps to fight against infection.
Covid 19 is dangerous for people who suffer from respiratory diseases like (asthma, COPD, Bronchitis etc), heart diseases (Hypertension, cardiac myopathies etc), diabetes and auto-immune diseases.
In conclusion, we can take homely measures against covid19 which can improve our innate immunity towards various infections.