Quitting smoking is not hard, we just need strong will power for a count of 15 days and watch it after 15 days. Your body will start behaving better, and you will feel as if new rays of light entering your subconscious. Positive changes in one’s health behavior will be accompanied by other constructive health behavior changes.
You will feel great
You will look great
Toxins from cigarette smoke or air pollution that enter the lungs can affect the whole body. Mucus is produced inside our body to trap foreign bodies (toxins) and throw them out. If more toxins enter our body, more mucus is produced. These toxins eventually become trapped inside mucus.
People who have damaged lungs may have a harder time than others clearing mucus from their system. Chronic conditions, such as COPD, asthma, and cystic fibrosis, cause excess mucus production or unusually thick mucus that can clog the lungs.
- Diet – One of the best ways to curb your nicotine addiction. Include more fibrous fruits and vegetables in your diet, such as oranges, bananas, grapes, apples, lime, strawberries, blueberries, peas, spinach, broccoli, lentils, cucumber, kale, sprouts, tomatoes. Other food items, such as oats, honey, walnuts, turmeric, ginger are too beneficial for curbing nicotine dependence.
- Drink more liquids– Water, as you know is the best cure for every disease. Drink at least 10 glasses of water every day. Juices, such as grape juice, carrot juice, pomegranate juice etc provide inner strength to control the habit. Milk, yogurt also help in curbing the nicotine addiction.
- Detox plan– It is specific for individuals. For details, please contact us and mention all the details regarding your age, habit, treatment undergoing (if any).
- Yoga / Exercise – Exercise increases the body’s breathing rate, leading to more oxygen supply to the muscles. It co-jointly improves circulation, making the body more efficient in removing the excess carbon dioxide. Regular exercise can positively impact serotonin levels in your brain. Raising your levels of serotonin boosts your mood and overall sense of well-being. Deep breathing exercises are ideal. People who have COPD, Asthma should consult doctor before starting a new exercise regimen
- Meditation – Mind relaxation, boosting self control can assist in long term to get rid of this addiction permanently. Whilst people who smoke start practicing meditation, they figure out how to perceive the deep-seated emotions and emotions that trigger their want to smoke. While you start meditating, your brain starts re-wiring. Those parts that are in charge of the experience of negative emotions such as stress and melancholy shrink, whereas regions associated with calmness, compassion, empathy and self-control grow measurably. As your self-control increases, you are able to build the willpower important to disrupt unwholesome patterns and quit smoking.
- Avoid alcohol and other triggers – Drinking alcohol can make quitting smoking more troublesome. Smokers are acclimated with smoking in specific circumstances like in the bar or after a dinner. For some people, alcohol is a trigger that makes them need to smoke. The mind is extremely touchy to affiliations, so expelling all tobacco items from your home can help diminish a portion of nicotine withdrawal.
- Identify when you crave smoke – Make a list of 15 minutes strategies
- Reward yourself – Some smokers discover that they need is a bit incentive to forestall smoking. For others, just thinking about what could be purchased using cash formerly spent on cigarettes is enough to inspire them to stop.
- Join non smoking group – Joining a non smoking group helps significantly. Change in place and surroundings makes it easier to quit.
Make a list of reasons and stick it somewhere you can see
- Remember the fact there are many who are successful and you are one among them.
Distract yourself / Keep busy – ·One way to ensure you don’t give in to the urge, is to distract yourself from your cravings. This may mean something different for different people. For instance, you might engage in one of your favorite hobbies so as to not think about smoking.
- Take care of withdrawal symptoms – Likely withdrawal signs consist of headaches, nausea, tension, craving cigarettes, feeling depressing, irritability, difficulty in concentrating, extended urge for food and drowsiness. Drinking fruit juice or water, eating more excessive fibre ingredients and reducing the caffeine program all help to deal with withdrawal symptoms. Nicotine withdrawal includes bodily, mental, and emotional signs. The primary week, particularly days three to five, is continually the worst. That’s while the nicotine has in the end cleared out of your frame and you’ll begin getting complications, cravings, and insomnia. If you can recover from that hump, the bodily signs and symptoms will start to leave but you’ll still be managing mental and emotional challenges which include anxiety, depression, and irritability. The ones may even taper off after a few weeks.
- Think positive – Feeding your subconsciousness with negativity which smoke brings in your life becomes a vicious circle if you don’t quit. Insecurity about oneself and negative feedback mechanism of the brain will make you dependent. To quit, you need to think differently, and to think differently, you need to re-wire your brain and this means to change the old pattern of living/thinking.
“Life has many ways of testing a person’s will. The more you will feed your mind with positive thoughts, the more you can attract great things.”